Sadguru Gnanananda Fellowship -
The Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhani, is a Public charitable trust with a vision to promote social consciousness amongst society. The Trust promotes the concept of Social entrepreneurship by felicitating social entrepreneurs and by offering varied learning programmes on social entrepreneurship. MSDS has instituted the prestigious Sadguru Gnanananda Awards for social entrepreneurs in the year 2000. Till date 115 social entrepreneurs, mostly women from remote parts of India, have been the recipients of this award. The award consists of a citation, shawl, silver plaque and a cash prize of Rs.75,000 for each awardee.
From the year 2012, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhani Trust supports young and prospective social entrepreneurs by awarding them the Sadguru Gnanananda Fellowship. Selected fellows would be given a fellowship of Rs.10,000/- a month for a period of three years during their start up phase of their social enterprise.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Sadguru Gnanannada
1. Applicants must be 25 years of age or older.
2. Applicants should be Indian citizens belonging to rural areas only
3. Organization must be the original idea of the applicant and should be a non-profit.
4. Organization must be in its initial or start-up phase ie one to two years.
5. Applicants must work full-time for his/her organization’s development during
three-year fellowship period.
6. Applicants must commit to attend a few CSIM workshops/seminars or courses if
selected as fellows.
7. Applicants must commit to conduct a yearly social audit of their work during the
Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhani
391/1 Venkatachalapathy Nagar, Alapakkam, Chennai – 600116, Ph: 42805365
The applicant should posses the following traits –
1. Should have a clearly focused plan for their social change idea.
2. Idea should be innovative and feasible
3. Exhibit leadership traits.
4. Have a strong passion and commitment for solving the social issue addressed
5. Exhibit practical skills, including problem-solving, strategic and organizational
6. Possess good interpersonal skills and networking skills
7. Ethical and reliable
Applicants should send in a proposal which would clearly articulate their vision for social
change. It should describe the seriousness of the social problem they plan to address, their
innovative idea and approach to solve the issue, the social impact of their idea, the fund
raising strategy and their plans in replication and sustainable growth.
The following initiatives are not eligible for the Fellowship:
• New Projects of organization’s over 2 years
• Research Studies
• Advocacy/lobbying initiatives
• Religious initiatives
• Recipients of other similar fellowships
If you wish to nominate budding rural social entrepreneurs whom you think would qualify for this prestigious fellowship program, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for nominations: 23.4.2014